/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Monday, May 26, 2008

Absence

So frankly the house is quiet now that dxnixl is in Sydney. Well Wollongong to be exact. But who cares. 4 days to myself I think its healthy that way. We're learning to live away from each other in short doses.

Which is a good thing cause fuck I haven't been able to eat red onions. He's allergic, I'm obsessed - our compromise is fuck the bugger and use browns instead. So today after 2 years of abstinence I buy 7 red onions and cook myself a hearty pot of red onion stew.

Like seriously. It's gorgeous.

Two tests on Wednesday (what's new) so I'm avoiding my books for the time being. Spent the whole day washing a pillow (you won't believe what else I get up to when I feel domestic). Yes I said pillow. Took 2 hrs to squeeze the water out and mind you it wasn't pretty - yeah it was HIS sweat (emphasis on HIS); well at least now it smells better and I can actually picture myself sleeping on it. Label says "a few days to dry", but I reckon it will take a week. Thank God it's latex.

To save myself from a soppy night in bed I opt to watch Desperate Housewives (usually I let him monopolize the TV). Different characters, same old bullshit. That's what you get when you trust a gay man to write a script about married life. Which begs the question, are we gays really that out of touch with reality?

New phone from Nokia gives me the creeps. It's half as thin as my current gargantuan, and twice as sparkly. Even then I'm still thinking about the iPhone cause I really am a show-off.

Tonight I will get to sleep in the big bed (yay) all by myself, a troublesome thought if you think about it, the way I'm dealing with his absence. Then again the silence is a huge opportunity for me to reset, rewind and take some time off for myself, time otherwise spent worrying on his behalf.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home