/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hot

Again, a weekend of 39's in Autumn. Which is cool cause I enjoy the heat, though I'm not so sure about others (Dxnixl inclusive).

On days like this I'm practically naked. I much prefer this weather to the miserable winter cold, albeit the lack of rain (which I also like). I want this weather everyday.

Yet I'm constantly obsessing about impermanence. I'm using the seasons as an excuse to not think of the bigger things like graduation, employment, my bond, my relocation, my relationship and my finances. It's much better (and easier) to worry about how I may never see 41 degrees and 11% humidity again.

Questions in my head. Why would I want to stay? Some of it I like (think "sex venues"), but everything else can be mundane. Maybe it's the spending power - I like to dress myself in Pashmina and Prada. Yet are those things comparable to good food, nightlife, youthful energy, corruption, traffic jams, poor English and unpredictability? I worry I might become complacent as a Melbournian.

And affordability is shocking.

Having said that, in general I manage change quite well (such as sex positions/partners/role, choice of clothes and type of food), but I'm less receptive to changing places of residence, which dates back to childhood experiences as a reject.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home