/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Saturday, February 23, 2008

E

A week of firsts. I'm bored with being conservative, suppressed and indecisive.

2 minute walk from my apartment. Too easy. Straight pub where the locals hang out for a pot of beer. And yet past the cheap aluminum chairs, beer stained carpets, vinegary Sauv Blanc and locals in daggy shirts, they have the best paellas ever.

You can't say no to a good paella. Crabs, calamari, fish fillets, shellfish on a bed of rice and garlic with dustings of saffron, onions, tomatoes and fresh lemon slices. The rule is never to use the crab crackers - teeth will suffice. And fingers.

Rancid oil on my $99 polo. Yellow saffron seafood stench on your fingers. Washing is futile. But omg my tummy. How do you say no to a third, fourth, fifth serve?

Dxnixl is less sympathetic. He says I'm anorexic and therefore should eat more. My expanding waistline disagrees.

~

How much for a pill? I don't know these things. But a halfie later and I still feel nothing. Dxnixl reckons another halfie - omg sharing cubicles to pop vitamins is just not cool. The Market is full of str8 women and the men who love them, also many Asians? I can't make out why there are people wearing suits and ties when everyone else is half naked on the dancefloor.

Smoke. Bad music. Body odour. Pills are meant to take those things away, not enhance them! A few cute boys on the dance floor look at me and we exchange glances. I’ve forgotten that feeling for a while now.

4.27am. "I'm PEEEAAAAAKKKINGGGG!!!!", I say to Dxnixl. My first pill ever. A boy finally grows up.

Ida Corr Vs Fedde le Grand. My limbs have gone totally spastic. Dxnixl is loving it too; he sits in a dark corner watching me closely while I'm up on the podium, smelling faintly of calamari, shirt off and jeans hanging off my butt, 'grabbing' laser beams and swinging to the beat. This is alcohol x 100000

Fucking hell.

~

6.40am. Dxnixl left an hour ago and the effect is waning. I can't walk so I stumble into a blond boy with too much deodorant. Splitting headache. Some random offers me free drinks while we sit in one of the couches for hugs. Four cokes later and he wants me at his place? Bitch.

First tram at 7.34am. How the fuck do I know these things? Fumbling with my phone I manage a call to dxnixl. He's just hopped into bed, waiting for me to come home.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Blogger said...

Pill? Did you take drugs? Wow, I'm awed by you now. That's certainly an interesting first to write about.

3:11 AM  
Blogger Comically Sad said...

its a wonder how one small pill can pack so much happiness :D

but why didnt dxnixl wait for u, seeing its ur first time?
:S

2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun night :-)

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home