/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Monday, January 21, 2008

Move

4 hours and 3 flights of stairs later and it's all over. New apartment needs painting as owner left it in shades of pink-yellow-purple-green, not necessarily in that order.

Partner has been busy with work so I've taken it upon myself to single-handedly manage the clean-ups, the mess, the packing-unpacking and buying new stuff. Bunnings and Highpoint have been my friends for the past 2wks; I have no real friends?

No time for relationships - I'm too busy sanding walls and vacuuming cupboards. I have become the ultimate housewife. Asvxn said so too.

Constant nagging to get the house in order so I can't see myself being employed. Dxnixl has taken the brunt of relocation costs yet I struggle to deal with the figures. Then again, I have no job. It's a vicious cycle.

In fact the past three weeks have been rough. I've become a bitter old tart, blaming myself for mistakes. I like having everything in order but reality bites.

To distract myself I buy more plants. Whatever happened to 'consolidation'. Frangipani bought off eBay arrived in the mail today, amazing how they survive 4 days of darkness (in a parcel). At least some things are less complacent.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home