/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Indifference

I find it difficult to do what other normal people do at this time of the day. Sleeping has become such a chore that I have taught my mind to resent it even though my body is clearly showing signs of withdrawal. For me, a mere 4 hours seems luxurious, if not decadent, because I have taught myself to stay awake even when I need the rest.

Getting up in the morning is never easy for me, especially since I start really early. By the time I'm out of the doorstep, I join the ranks of many other early risers that commute on the train towards the city to our desks where we pursue the ultimate new meaning of urban life: to sustain oneself for tomorrow by shedding blood and sweat for today.

And as my body withdraws itself from the work I am doing, I am constantly finding myself out of energy at the end of the day, fueled by constant late night beinges at Hungry Jacks and a low intake of water.

I think at the rate I am going, I am killing myself.

People all around me seem so happy, or at least, so in control of their happiness. As for me, happiness is a constant struggle to keep alive especially when you are stuck in the cycle of work-study-sleep-eat-washdishes-sleep-eat-work-study

My resolution for tomorrow? An early night sleep and no bulshit at the table.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Corgant said...

it never been easy, i'm like you also, but do drink a lot of water and eat more natural food, in the midst of exams now,u should really rest sometimes dun fight it.

3:39 PM  
Blogger conan_cat said...

ah yes... waking up early in the morning really, really sucks. i'm the morning lrt taker too so i know how you feel, and yeah getting 4 hours of sleep each day is really bad for you. (as if i'm having more sleep than you lol... duh XD)

anyway, try to cope up ya? :) just try ur best...

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home