/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Shifty

Shifty

We did the best we could. I have to keep telling myself that.

After two weeks of drama pusscat didn't get better. The meds made him throw up even more; by 9pm he was very weak, dehydrated and unable move around the house. This is what cats do when they're terribly ill - they go into the darkest corner of the house and sit there waiting to die. It was difficult pulling him out of his little house to give him a hug; his muscles would tense up as I lifted him onto my shoulders. He was suffering and it was time to let him go

~

"It's not fair", I hear myself selfishly saying in between tears. Death has always been a huge issue for me. Daniel has been very strong in this; he had to hold me in bed and continually reassure me that everything was going to be okay.

Puss was a fighter who lived life the best he could. We talked about how he used to sit on my bed in the sun, lie on my lap when I had dinner, sit on the windowsill to watch the birds, scratch our sofa to sharpen his claws, rest in front of the fireplace to warm his tummy...

But also how we used to hug in bed and he'd appear out of nowhere, meowing loudly as if to say "where's MY hug???" He was such a ratbag. A princess. But we had good times together; he trusted us, we loved him and he loved us back. He will always be our boy-o.

We were by his side till the very end, holding him close to us. I am going to miss you so much, Shifty. I have always, always loved you.



Shifty, aged 4 years
26.08.08, 2300hrs.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger whiTe My LoVe, BLue My HeaRt said...

i cant read any further as it is sooo sad and i dnt want to feel down...I'm a cat person too and Shifty is really cute! My sincere condolences...(even tho she's long gone)

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home