/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Information

How do you tell someone about safe sex? It's appalling to discover so many still hold on to outrageous beliefs or are poorly informed. Condoms and lube. It's that simple, yet so many people still get it wrong. And then there are those who get themselves into "situations" and have unnecessary freak outs. Like for god's sake the virus is not some magical monster that is out to get you. They think that touching cum can cause infections? w t f

Living with dxnixl and having a biochemistry/biotechnology degree (in the making) has meant I know more about HIV than most (my inflated ego likes to think so anyway) Yet I wonder if perhaps knowing too much is bad because I get frustrated with those who know so little? I'm a hopeless educator. Lack the PR skills. All I do is, force it into their fucking mouths and ask them to chew. Which of course, does nothing other than make them spew resentment

So this time I chose to be silent, well not silent-silent but more like, talk-less-listen-more, and after 4 whole minutes of hearing things that on a normal day would make me pull out my hair and bite my toes in exasperation, I finally manage to say, "I don't think that's right - maybe see a doctor?". So that's not really solving the problem, cause doctors can be ill-informed themselves and may not be the best educators out there (trust me some doctors are better off as pharmacists than as health educators), but at least for now I save myself from the joys of engaging with ignorance (yes I have better things to do, like sleep).

But not before I say condoms every time - he should know that yes?

I fucking hope so, otherwise that hopeless prick needs to get his shit together.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leon Koh said...

there are indeed people who felt safe as long as there is a rubber on their pricks.. but would continue oral and finger sex without any concern.. hopefully interent will make a different so how

7:25 PM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

See you don't get it.

This is exactly the point I'm going to make. You don't have to worry about HIV if you wear condoms. The other STD's can be easily treated so just test every 3 months. Get vaccinations for Hep A/B, watch out for signs of HPV, use a condom and lots of lube.

That's it. There's no need for paranoia; sex is to be enjoyed.

11:49 PM  
Blogger savante said...

I think a lot of boys still have some misconceptions when it comes to sex. Guess it freaks them out. You gotta admit some of the stuff we do does look... scary :P

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just caught up on your entries. i think maybe you're taking some of my shit too seriously, like i'm reading it and thinking oh my god i'm such an arsehole and jeremy really shouldn't be taking that onboard. *sigh*

also, ppl who don't know i work where i work might think from this entry that i'm positive. *just sayin*

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home