/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Piercings

When they say it hurts, well, they are partially correct – it is not that bad!

Further extending my 'week of firsts' I decide it's time to get piercings. I book myself for four piercings, 2 lobes and 2 nipples at Commercial Rd. How do you prepare for these things? Google is your friend.

And Youtube is not. Seven videos of people getting their nipples mutilated and I'm running for the door. Piercing artists HAVE to be masochists. Jabbing a bloke in their areolas then squeezing a bar through the hole is just cruel.

And a quick chat with a msn buddy/doctor is just asking for trouble. Keloids, he says. Scar tissue that will perk my nipple up (Is that necessarily a bad thing?). And a whole lecture about infections and swelling and the etc. Doctors can be so technical.

I spend another week toying with the idea before I decide it is best to skip the nipple piercings (for now) and just do the lobes (afterwards I hear myself say the word 'coward' a million times).

Inking followed by two sharp pricks and it's all over. Yada yada yada about the salt solution etc, I just wanted to get out of there, away from the sterile surrounds and the people in the waiting room.

Bling bling. Nana at the tram stop shows me her gold teeth. She must have noticed.

Nice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home