/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Monday, April 09, 2007

Project

I've begun a new project with plants; this time I'm trying to cultivate moss in little jars. I stole the moss from the Melbourne International Flower Show a few weeks ago (yeah so screw me) and have transfered them into nice little jars.

From left to right, Thuidiopsis sparsa, Bartramia mossmaniana, and Ptychomnion aciculare.

Jars of Moss

I have another jar with Sphagnum moss too but the pictures I took of them look ugly so for the sake of keeping up the 'good' standard of pics on my blog I shall not post them here. Too bad hey. Tough.

A close up view of the jars.

Ptychomnion aciculare
Thuidiopsis sparsa

I'm quite happy about how they are doing, considering that they were dry as crisp when I first had them. Even the green chlorophyll was not visible; the stalks were dry and had shrivelled up. I popped them into some tap water much later and voila! Lazarus effect at its best.

I made the mistake of putting them in tap water because the chlorine content started to make the plants sick, but now that I'm using distilled water everything looks good and green.

Lets hope they'll grow. I'm so excited!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chalks said...

can i name them?

10:16 PM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

Haha what will you name them? Harry Larry and Moe?

:D

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home