/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Friday, March 02, 2007

School

Running through the last of the raindrops that fall onto the parched pavement below, I notice I've forgotten my notepad and a whole bunch of other printed lecture material. Now that I'm halfway across the city there's no turning back, and any more delays will render me late.

Ice cream shop is opening its shutters, and eager kids are waiting outside. A whole bunch of them. I wonder when was the last time I felt the same way about any food in Melbourne, then again maybe my views and opinions are biased because I come from a food-hotspot capital.

Tram packed with sweaty middle-aged business men who listen to horrendous music on their iPods, turning the volume up so that the people squashed up against them have to bear to listen. Directly opposite me, Dior fragrance. Awfully oiled hair, parted in the most unflattering way, reading a book. He has a huge zit on his left cheek, and a very firm chest; I suspect that's really all that's going for him, his chest.

Bloody PRC's blocking the door again. Tapping against her shoulder, I startle her by saying in a very loud voice 'excusemeyouareblockingthebloodydoorpleasestepaside'. She jumps. I growl. She moves out of the way and I push past her rudely. I have no respect for people who block up the way with their fat arses and Hello-kitty skirts.

Like, you don't even own the path, bitch.

Skye - Love Show (Tom Novy Remix). Jumping heart. Sushi in one hand, pen and practical manual in another. Sunshine greeting the burned skin on my ears, and a fucking non-native elm tree providing me shelter. I am become a plant nerd. I am naming five unidentified bobs of lichen growing on the pavement after the Beatles, one green lump per singer, with Paul McCartney as the only purple-orange bob in the otherwise greenish-white group.

Droning in my head is suppressed by the need to fall asleep instantly during lectures. His voice is raspy and unattractive, and though the electron micrographs being projected on the wall are interesting I can't help but doze off to the sound of my lecture's voice. Glad he can't notice; it is too dark in here.

Jumping on the train on the way home, I notice how I've stepped onto a lump of pink coloured gum and picked up a cigarette bud along the way. Gross.

Back into the bed I miss so much, under the sheets and head on the pillow that I make love to at night, I forget that I was ever awake to begin with.

Except of course, until the boyfriend startles me from my sleep with a kiss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home