/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Dong Dong Dong

First Chinese New Year away from home. I've never been away for a single CNY dinner before this, and the feeling is indeed not one I've become accustomed to.

A 36 degree 18% humidity day, typical for this time of the year. Sometimes I really wonder why Melbournians grumble a lot about the weather. Too hot, too cold, this that this that. I'm quite happy with heat, but the boyfriend finds it excruciating.

No angpau, no 7 course fatty pork meal. I didn't even feel like doing the tourist-ey trip to Chinatown and watch dodgy lion dancers and fat Vietnamese women doing their own rendition of CNY-carols with other old fat tourists standing around and snapping pictures.

Just dinner at home with the person who means more to me than anyone else in thus tiny little world.

And then it rained, we got stinking hot and sweaty, and just for a few split seconds the humidity reminded me of home and all the stuff I left behind me, perhaps bringing back the homesickness by a bit.

Happy Chinese New Year.

1 Comments:

Blogger sz-iris said...

今年春节我是一个人在家,自己给自己弄了餐丰盛的年夜饭!新年快乐啊!
你住在哪里的啊?那么热...
今年桂林的冬天好象也有22度...
这哪里像是冬天...

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home