/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Discrimination

I came to Australia with the realisation that this country would be far more liberal and accepting as compared to conservative Muslim-majority Malaysia. I looked forward to being accepted for who I am and what I stand for, and for cultural diversity.

However my views have been side winded by the apparent absence of any form of tolerance for my sexuality and race, as outlined in comments posted in The Age Blog in response to the disallowing of gay marriages in Australia by the Howard government.

For your viewing pleasure, I quote from the blog, two posts that significantly impacted my view about Australia and have made me review my thoughts about this country.
~
Good work G-G! A smart political move. Although I do not support your office exercising any sort of discretion whatsoever, especially contrary to the wishes of a parliament (as representatives of the people) I must praise your decision on this account.

Gays: if you think that a civil union is going to change ANYTHING, think again! We will still be disgusted by your lifestyle! We will still dislike you because you are different, because you don't conform. Though you may have substantive legal equality, you will never BECOME one of us. You will still be, and always will be an outsider: a 'gay' man/woman.

Note this interesting point: 'Gay' is a term which now connotes disgust and abhorrence rather than the 'joy' it once did. WE have changed the meaning to better represent the word. Let me demonstrate:

John says: "I have to forfeit all my property to the government."
Brian says in reply: "That's really GAY!"

Gays, realise this: the problem is not in us not letting you have civil unions. The problem for you is that we will NEVER recognise YOU as one of us. We will NEVER accept you as a brother. This will be the case whether you get your union or not.

Posted by: Stephen Castlemaine at June 13, 2006 03:47 PM

~
"This is an excellent decision by our PM, however I must ask, is he doing enough?

I believe firstly, we should ban gay people from all forms of parenting. Children require a traditional family network of house wife mother, and bread winner father. Single, 14 year old mothers are okay though, that's why we pay them $3000 to get knocked up. But we all know homosexuals can't parent children, because they're evil.

Secondly, gay people should be arrested for showing affection in public. They are forcing their lifestyles on us, and it is unacceptable. I would also like to add that aboriginal people should be arrested for any public appearance at all, unless they cover their skin with something white. I don't appreciate them forcing their race on me. This goes the same for those towel heads. Take off your stupid clothing and only speak English in public, damn multiculturals.

Our country has a long and proud history of doing the 'right thing': keeping women in the kitchen, where they belong - not allowing them to vote - not allowing those evil black people to vote either - jailing those evil, evil fags for doing stuff together in their bedrooms... the list goes on and on. Unfortunately, we keep having to give away our outstanding morals due to these radical, pot-smoking, liberal hippies.

Posted by: dan at June 13, 2006 04:54 PM


I think that this blog is a good indicator of what REAL Australians think about the world in which they live in. Congratulations to these two people in helping make their country "friendly". And just so you know, we, the international "non-whitey" students that come to study in your country pay for YOUR children's education, YOUR extravagant whitey-ass lifestyle and YOUR fucked-up country's economy. Your way of thanking us is very "hospitable", and I feel so happy to be welcomed into your "accepting" society.

Then again, I understand that these narrow-minded whitey views do not reflect the general opinion of Australia. As for the Aussies who don't discriminte, I take my hat off to you.

The blog can be reached at:
http://blogs.theage.com.au/yoursay/archives/2006/06/gay_marriage_la.html

Welcome to Australia, the land of “equal opportunities” and “tolerance”

Yeah. Tolerance my ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home