/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Monday, June 26, 2006

Ashamed Of You

A lot of young gay people I’ve met on Axcest are a tough lot. Not only do a vast majority of them look ugly to me, they also have certain attitudes that I just cannot tolerate.

For instance, some of them don't upload pictures. My question is, why bother having a profile if you do not have any pictures of yourself? Some people say it is because they are discreet or because they are shy/closeted gays. Don’t bother opening a profile to snag people if you can’t show your face to the world but expect a decent shagging from cute hunks.

And some of them are even better, they lie. Ah, the good old lie. They use other people's pictures, steal intellectual property and put it onto their profiles without quoting the source or author, put fake ages, fake information about themselves... anything to increase their “market value”. How low can a fucktard go in order to achieve "fame"?

Then there are others who shove Mandarin down your throat. Some of them think that just because they blab and yap in the language that everyone must necessarily follow them. My strengths are English whilst other people are better at sucking cocks. Don’t hate me because of my abilities (or lack thereof), and if you can't speak English but insist on a Mandarin yap, go find someone who speaks your language and have mutual respect for the people who don't.

A few have no form of etiquette when talking to a person. "Hi. asl. pic?" these are the three words that they utter when they chat with you, and they make it seem as though you owe it to them to oblige.

But the most profound characteristic that I find in many Axcest users is the fact that they are childish. I mean, come on, just take a look at the Hotshots page and you'll understand. Look at the comments and you'll see a high degree of immaturity. References to the phallus and underwear are all too common, but the way in which they are written is an insult to their age.

They even speak like kids although they are waay into their 26 year old birthdays, and they don't have any sense of adulthood or responsibility. All they think about is their childish “I-friend-you-and-you-friend-me” games, something I haven't comprehended at all.

Compare this with the people of Fridae.com, Gaydar and Gay.com and you’ll get the gist of what I’m trying to say. Malaysian twinks seem to stereotype themselves as being the “childish” sort.

Then again, I’ve met wonderful people on Axcest who have taught me more than I could ever have learnt on my own, so there are people who go against the stereotypes which I have mentioned above.

At least in Australia the gay people around my age are very matured. Heck, don't talk about gay people, I'm talking generally the people who are young adults are very matured. They speak up for themselves, can address a matter in the most diplomatic way they see fit, and do not talk about childish issues like their counterparts in Malaysia. I take my hat off to Aussie lads.

If you are an Axcest user, don't get offended because I speak generally of the profilers. You may not be one of them. But if you identify yourself to one or more of the stereotypes in which I've mentioned, all I can say is, you decide for yourself what you want to be. I am not your mother.

I am merely putting my anger and frustration into words, because I CAN.

As for me, I’m more comfortable being around people who know that the word "phallus" is not the name of a wine glass and a “tampon” is not a springy board that you can bounce upon when you are bored.

8 Comments:

Blogger famezgay said...

Well.. just let them be.. as long as we dun follow them n we know wat we want clearly!

Yah just write anything u like here ahaha.. Its ur blog, ur rights to write anything!

2:20 AM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

Haha well, some people think I'm being overboard, others say I'm being too self righteous.

I'd like to think of myself as complacent, really.

I've met some really good friends on Axcest though, don't get me wrong :)

2:26 AM  
Blogger Ganymede said...

Well it is your blog. You decide what you wanna write in them.

As for people in Axcest, totally agree with yea. Sure there are some good ones in there some where.

2:32 AM  
Blogger Jushie said...

Thank goodness I don't have an Axcest. Speaking in mandarin is one thing. Speaking to a banana in mandarin, and insisting I speak that too is another!

Oh, and another bad thing is when they find out I'm in Australia, they try putting on this super thick ah beng-trying-to-sound-Western accent. Don't they know that I even use Singlish when I speak to Aussies? Lol..I try not to. But it just pours out.

12:29 AM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

Well, about the accent thing, I find that I have to speak in a heavier Western accent when I talk to some of my Aussie friends because they just don't understand Manglish!

They look at me weird, trying to comprehend the tones and pronounciation. Its all alien to them.

I think I sound Asian when I speak to Asians, and Aussie when I speak to Aussies. Not two faced, just adjusting my tone to ease the listener's ears. After all I don't like talking to a person who keeps going "Huh huh huh wtf are you saying"

:)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Shake Trees said...

I duly understand what you're going thru. I had long time left that 2 websites. Once a while, I'll go in to reply emails.

11:17 AM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

Cibertronic: yeah, well, I still maintain profiles at those sites, I get a lot of junk mail asking for you-know-what but occasionally I do meet sincere people.

12:08 PM  
Blogger ikanbilis said...

it is just sad and annoying. as a young adult who thinks more than what other peers does, I feel sorry for those people there. I have my profile there and it didn't attract much attention due to proper english and high demand I've put on "who i want to meet" etc. many of them act childish are are, and poorly disregard the usage of english too!

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home