/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Day

Cold feet in the morning coupled with ghastly winds coming from the window. Forgetting to remove the latch on the window can be a horrible thing to do at 8 degrees.

Warm shower to warm me up, and to stimulate my brain to wake up for the day. Sweet scent of soap to keep my nose happy and a dry warm towel to keep my skin dry.

Red Jonathan apples and cold milk from the fridge to keep my tummy happy. It has been growling all night, it needs some food to play with

Slow walk to University, past the falling amber-coloured leaves strewn all over the floor and occasionally the failing scent of Eucalyptus coming from a nearby tree.

Sitting in lectures can be daunting if you don't know that many people to begin with and there are 400 other people being attended to by the lecturer. You don't feel all that special anymore. You don't get all that attention you did as a kid in primary school. You just sortta fit in there.

Cold packed food jammed into the microwave to heat it up and kill all the bugs that may have grown from the time I removed it from the freezer up till now. Doesn't taste very fresh nor very delicious; I've never been good with cooking anyway. But the prices of food in the Union House is enough to make any mediocre meal feel like a feast.

Further lectures and tutorials to zap away whatever remains of my already tired mind. Scribbled notes which I myself doubt will read. Provides some movement for my hands though, keeping me awake. Hideous diagrams of mitochondria and flagellates to keep my notebook filled up so as to give the impression that I am actually doing some work.

Sleeping in the library to pass time, with saliva over the Chinese literature notes I made with a blunt pencil. Clock ticks away annoyingly in a distance, not many cute guys to see. Freaking cold library; why can't they turn on some heating? The air-conditioning is buzzing even as the air outside is a chilly 12 degrees. Huddling in a corner with the book to cover my face, doubting I'll ever remember the difference between oxides of sulphur and oxides of carbon.

Sun sets by 5pm. Darkness. Cold darkness.

Slow walk home with the street lamps and crazy drivers shouting profanities because they can. Its a free country. We all do whatever we want just so long as we don't get into any shit. It's always someone else's problem.

Nice warm bath for the night and a cuddly pillow to hug. Priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home