/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Gym

The gym is divided into two separate areas. The lower studio and the upper studio.

Most of the heavy duty equipment, such as barbels and weights are located in the lower studio. The upper studio mainly has cardio equipment such as treadmills, bikes and cross trainers.

And not surprisingly, the lower studio is dominated by bunnies and hunks while the upper studio is dominated by the not-so-beautiful people aspiring to become bunnies and hunks

To sum it up:
Lower studio -> the who's who
Upper studio -> wannabe's

When I first joined the gym there was a huge problem, and it was related to my size. I'm really small and slim. Hence I get intimidated easily by the huge hunks with biceps larger than my thighs. Also, the lower studio is constantly occupied. You'd be lucky to secure a bench during peak hours. People also look at you and cruise around in the gym, taking extra notice of other people who are huger than they are.

So, for a skinny boi like me, I feel intimidated. It kinda gets to you after a while, especially when you find that you're always decreasing the weight on the machines. Perhaps it doesn't matter that the person who used the Lat Pulldown machine before me was on 60kg. I can only lift 20kg

I started working out more and more in the upper studio until the point I never even stepped into the lower studio.

22nd April. Gym instructor increases the intensity of my workout. He says I can start going for heavier exercises and start pumping more iron. He reckons I'd make lean-beef in 2-3 months provided I follow the workout routine and eat well.

Suddenly I find myself lifting 1/3rd my body weight on machines. Pumping iron like I've never done. Lifting barbels and pushing stacks of weights up and down with my legs

And naturally all the equipment I need for the new workout routine is located on the lower studio.

I have now officially joined the pool of who's who.

You must understand that if it wasn't because I needed the equipment I'd prefer to stay up there with the rest of the people with not so perfect bodies and feel less inadequate.

I'm trying to cope with this "promotion", if you may. And no, it doesnt help that the person next to me is carrying weights that are as heavy as my body weight.

Hope my biceps become a bit bigger soon. Don't want to feel left out.

1 Comments:

Blogger yw[2k] said...

Fuyoh... Later someone become all hunky dory!

:)

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home