/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Cranbourne

I met Steve on Gay.com as well as Fridae.com

I think initially I didn't really respond to his messages. He sent me a couple but perhaps I just didn't get them (they may have got lost in the mail as I have a limit of 10 messages at any one time in my inbox, which by the way is almost always full), or maybe I did get them but I just deleted them and didn't care about it.

Well, I did this one time, and we exchanged phone numbers and MSN contacts.

God, he drives a convertible. Second hand, but still in good shape. That's how he met me the first time; in his convertible. We were on the Westgate freeway with the convertible's top down, cruising at 100kmph and having the radio blaring in our ears.

The funny thing about his radio was that I could hear it clearly even though there was wind whizzing past my ears. Perhaps the radio was unidirectional; It might be that his radio pinpoints radio waves into the passenger's ears unlike conventional radio speakers which just blare radio waves into all directions. I could hear the music loud and clear, and it was good to feel Victorian air all over my head and have the sun on your back while flying on an eight lane expressway.

Imagine that.

Totally blew off my mind.

I went over to his house which was near Cranbourne. Bloody freaking far if you ask me, past Dandenong and Frankston, a little to the East of the two I think. It was as though I was entering a totally different world. Cranbourne was nothing like Patterson Lakes or Chadstone, two far away places which I thought was remote enough. No, Cranbourne was even more remote... A quiet town where houses were large and lawns even larger, with white picket fences that reminded me of Wisteria Lane

Oh and by the way, Cranbourne is about the distance of KL to Seremban.

He had a huge huge huge plasma TV... huge huge huge house... huge huge huge bathroom and a very bloody hell huge huge lawn...

If I were to estimate the size of his house, it could be anywhere between 3000-5000 square feet, and total land area including lawn no less than 10,000 square feet (though I have been known to exaggerate, believe me this time will ya?)

Wonderful house... really wonderful...

We had drive-in KFC (which tasted quite good, if you like) and we sat on his couch eating the chicken over a movie on his plasma TV...

He later took me again in his convertible (this time with the top down; you don't want to be in the car driving at 100kmph while the outdoor temperature is anywhere between 13-16degrees) and he took me to this remote area called Koo Wee Rup, to an observation deck called Koo Wee Rup Observation Deck (it faces Phillip Island and was somewhere along Rossiter Rd I think)... that was another 45 minutes drive at 100kmph from his house. It was so very remote that the road was a single lane and there were few lights to be seen for many kilometers. All I could see was bush and darkness until I got out of the car at Koo Wee Rup and looked up at the sky...

It was so dark, so remote, that I could see the Milky Way.

Yes, I'm serious.

Tried to take it using my camera but it was too faint... didn't really get much in the pictures other than a few isolated bright stars.

And I even saw a shooting star... no kidding.

I went home the next day from Merinda Park station (thank goodness for Sunday Saver tickets, $2.50 all day all zones) which was 10 minutes from any other train station... yes, that place was damn remote. I could see hills, cows, acres and acres of grassland and isolated houses that seem to sit all on their own in the browning grass

1 hour later I was in Melbourne Central, at the heart of urban living once more.

Gosh I miss Cranbourne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home