/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Bicycle

I bought my new bike today!

It only cost me $88. I bought it from BigW (something like Carrefour) and it was on promotion.

There are several bike types in Australia, most of them are local brands. Topping the list in terms of quality and design are GT, Giant and Shogun, followed closely by Malvern Star and Mongoose. These bikes cost anywhere between $300 up to $8000.

So, as you can see, my bike was a cheap one. It's a Dunlop one by the way.

I actually took at tram down to QV on Lionsdale St and bought the bike there right after my Chemistry tute. It was really heavy, about 20kg and it was a large package.

I found a taxi at the intersection of Lionsdale and Elisabeth St and decided to take one home.. that was the first time I sat in a taxi. Well, I wouldn't call it a taxi per se; it was a station wagon so I could fit the bike in the back.

Needless to say the ride home cost me $7.30.. sigh.. so expensive..

Anyway, I was trying to assemble the bike until I discovered that I don't have Allen screws; I need it to attach the handle to the main frame and to adjust the front breaks.

Funny though, the cost of the additional stuff that I bought had a combined price equal to two of my bikes. I bought a D-Lock, safety lights and a helmet (all mandatory in Victoria) and I spent about $160 for it.

Gosh. At this rate I should protect the D-Lock more than the bike!!!!!

I want to get a basket for the back so that I can carry groceries and stuff (yeah, an additional $100 dollars for that)

I love the bike... can't wait to ride it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home