/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Friday, January 13, 2006

Shopping

I went shopping today!

After I sold my baby I have been using my brother's motorbike to go to the places that I want. My brother is currently engaged with work in Vietnam and hence I get to use his motorbike while he is away. His motor is much lighter than baby and has a nicer sound to its engine, but it also has smaller rear view mirrors. It is difficult for me to see the cars behind.

My scholarship provider had given me money to purchase clothing and I have savings in my bank account. Further more I lacked many clothes and hoped to revamp my closet...

I first had lunch with a friend in Sunway Pyramid. Wow. Daves Deli. Haven't eaten that for very long now. The chicken was rather dry but my friend requested for extra sauce so that he could dip his chicken inside. The meal was really good...

He had to get back to work so I was on my own in Sunway Pyramid. I walked around and looked out for some clothes to buy but nothing really interested me. I decided to ride the bike over to Mid Valley and hopefully find something there

You know the feeling that one gets when he walks into a store, finds a perfect piece of clothing whose cut and colour is worth the money and yet cannot seem to find the right size? It happened to me multiple times.

There were so many interesting tees on sale in Zara, Topman, Guess, CK, Philosophy.. the list is endless. Some didn't have sizes, some were still too expensive even after discounts, some were just outrightly hideous

So, my luck only came when I went into Zara.

Most of the good pieces had already been sold so I was left with the old stock. It was on sale so I decided to try out some plain coloured tees. All in all I tried 9 tees and I bought two. Gosh, I fell in love with one of the tees the moment I wore it on my body. The feeling, the cut, the brand... wow... I felt so happy to be alive

There was really nothing much to buy in Mid Valley so I took the bike and decided to venture further. I went to Bukit Bintang. Surprisingly for today the traffic was quite bad. I didn't anticipate such a long line of traffic, not on a weekday and certainly not at 3pm.

I managed to find a spot to park my motorbike though.

I went into Baleno and I found many of the shirts I was looking for. The polo tees were so very cheap.. under RM40 each. Further more the cutting was quite nice and I felt that it would be a waste if I didn't buy

And boy did I buy. I bought 10 pairs of shirt. It only cost me RM230!

If you think that it is expensive, imagine this: Most other stores sell shirts well over RM30 per piece and the quality is not all that good either. Brands like FCUK and Topman can easily charge RM200 for a hideous looking tee shirt and get away with it. So, paying RM23 per piece of clothing (on average; not every item had the same price) was considered a bargain.

I was so tired so I came back and had a shower, onlining a while and then went out for dinner with a second friend.

This time we went to Peranakan House in Taman Sea and had the most fabulous dinner I've had in weeks. He ordered beef rendang, honey squid, assam fish curry and a plate of Paku (yes, it is really a plate of cooked ferns... it tasted good)

We didn't know where to go after that so we headed back to Sunway Pyramid (yeah I know, twice in a day for me). By that time the shops were either closed or closing but I managed to get into Topman.

I discovered that if I were to buy two jersey tees (a jersey tee in Topman is simply a basic coloured tee without any patterns on it) I would be entitled to 20% discount. Previously it was 20% discount on the NEXT item, but now it was 20% discount off the total price of both the tees.

Wow I went crazy and bought four pairs of beautiful tees.

I had the most enjoyable time today (and all the fresh newly bought clothes are in the house reminding me of the fun I had shopping today) Scary man!

I still have many things to buy. In descending order:

1. Tees
2. Jeans
3. Shoes
4. Stationary
5. Socks
6. Jeans
7. Watch
8. Spectacles

Yeah. These are the main items that I must purchase.

Hope I will find them all soon. Meanwhile I'm enjoying the sight of the heap of clothing on my bedroom floor before they get whisked away into the washing machine and out to face the world for the first time, on my back :)

2 Comments:

Blogger yw[2k] said...

Shopping queen! Looks like someone has enuff money to treat me next time yea?

12:04 PM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

Hmm... not really. The money will be spent on getting essentials le... I don't think I will have enough to treat you haha

Unless treating means a cup of teh tarik :)

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home