/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Branded

So yes. I like brands. I live around them. I can't live without them.

I was born to fall in love with Tag Heuer and Armani. I'd rather spend money buying Oakley glasses than settle for made-in-china frames. I can tell the difference between a real LV and a fake one. I don't mind dressing up just so that I can coolly walk into Ermenegildo Zegna stores in KLCC just to take a look at the clothing inside. I know the latest Spring line for most of the designer labels, and can tell if a particular item was last seasons.

I however, still walk through Petaling Street and still don't mind looking at fake Nike's and pirated Rolexes. Yet at the back of my head, I know I'm a brand queen.

I don't think I am being insecure. Yes, I don't have the body to put on a RM5 tank top and still look good so clothes are a form of "compensation" for my lack of built, but I know that even if I was well built I would still settle for brands.

What's in a brand anyway?

Does it matter if I prefer Armani and Calvin's over Giordano? It doesn't make me less human to do so. Yes they are sinfully expensive. Yes they come in limited sizes and for a limited time only (as they are whisked away gracefully with the change of the season). Yes they make you an oh-so-yummy target for muggers. So what.

For me, I can see a RM1000 shirt and say its an investment.

If I had a million dollars, I will spend it all on designer clothes.

And at the end of the day, the fact remains that I am a brand queen although I don't own a single piece of designer clothing simply because I can't afford it.

Don't judge me because I like expensive stuff. I still eat RM3 mixed rice at dirty hawker stalls and drive the extra 1km to get my groceries just because they are RM0.50 cheaper.

Being a brand queen doesn't make me any more or any less human for that matter. It’s just a matter of preference.

Don't hate me because I'm branded.

4 Comments:

Blogger yw[2k] said...

Brand queen ah? :P

11:44 AM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

yeah. why not?

5:52 AM  
Blogger Pike-chan said...

to me.. i go for brands too.. just not comfortable buying clothes from pasar malam or anywhere.. but then the brands are like mid range... my wallet ma, kekekee.. but then if I have much extra money, i wouldnt mind shopping for higher end stuffs too.

4:15 PM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

Hmm. I go for too-high-end stuff... I think it would be dangerous for me to have a credit card.

Thats why my plan is to never get a credit card. Ever.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home