/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Singapore here I come!

The day has finally arrived for me to leave for Singapore!

I went to Sg Wang to purchase my digital camera beforehand though. My friend had helped me to find the digital camera that I wanted for only RM1100. The retail price for the camera is currently at RM1399, so I thought it was a real bargain for me to buy the camera fast.

Actually I wanted to get the camera also so that I could snap some pictures in Singapore, but also because I knew that I will be in Singapore for a few weeks so the shop that sells the camera may not have it at that price when I return. I took out the cash from my bank account and walked to the camera shop in Sg Wang with a very large bulky pocket…

That was the first time I was meeting up with Justin, my friend and fellow scholar who will be going to Melbourne together with me.

When we arrived at the shop we found that the guy had only stock for one digital camera so Justin said that I should purchase the camera first as he worked there and would be easier for him to buy the camera when the stock was finally available… Happily bagging the camera I decided to treat Justin for lunch at a nearby restaurant which had really good western food, not to mention cheap food too. I had to rush back as I did not have sufficient time… my aunty who was going to fetch me to Singapore was already buzzing my phone asking about my whereabouts so that she could pick me up and we could leave

I left for Singapore at approximately 3pm. The North South Expressway only had light traffic and so we didn’t really have trouble. My uncle sped on the highway at 140kmph I think, because we were flying. We stopped by Seremban to pick up another cousin who was coming along with us too.

When we reached the Second Link, it was already 7pm. The jam at the Second Link was not that bad so we managed to clear customs within 30 minutes.

Ah. I will always remember the familiar scene of Singaporean roads.

Tree lined expressways, with four lanes on each side.

I felt so at home. LOL

We sped down the AYE (Ayer Rajah Expressway) but there was a traffic jam from Clementi all the way to Rochor. Apparently it was the Friday weekend jam, nothing really much, but unlike the jams we have in KL, the cars were still moving albeit slowly.

We reached the Benjamin Shears bridge at around 7.45pm and finally Marine Parade, my uncle’s apartment at around 8pm. The ECP (East Coast Parkway) was not jammed at all so we had a smooth ride, under the canopy of beautiful rain trees along the ECP.

My Singaporean uncle had cooked roast chicken and vegetables for dinner, and it was a nice meal… We didn’t really do much until now… At least right now I have internet access!

Tomorrow, the real action begins.

BRING IT ON!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home