/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Sabah fish

My good PLU friend called me this morning and asked me over for dinner. Whoa. He said that he was going to cook.

I was a bit late as I had stuff to do but then he hadn't finished cooking even by the time I arrived. Actually, his mother and sister had come from his home town in Sabah and brought along some Sabah fish, prawns and crab meat.

When I was young I remember hearing from one of my aunts that the fish in Sabah is unlike any fish we can find over here in West Malaysia. The fish is fresher, taste is better, size is bigger... I've only ever tasted Sabah prawns but never Sabah fish

I think it is because the fish is caught from the clean seas surrounding Sabah, and is brought to the market fresh unlike those we get in West Malaysia which probably originated from Pahang or Kelantan hence wouldn't be very fresh.

Indeed, the fish that he was cooking didn't have the normal fishy smell that we associate with fish. And the prawns... wow lovely. The crab meat he used to cook corn soup.... He had two fish so he deep fried one and steamed the other...

We ate dinner together with his younger brother

Whoa... really delicious man... Damn geng

Seriously. The taste is so very different.... you've gotta try Sabah fish if you have the chance. He was saying that the prawns that he cooked were considered "small" but they looked pretty large to me. He showed me with his two hands, the approximate length of a "large prawn" and I was like, whoa...

The fish also was really large, and again he said that it is considered "small" in Sabah....

I'm so happy he invited me over for dinner. I'd probably not get any more chances to taste his cooking as I'm leaving soon.

Thanks so much!!! I LOVED THE DINNER!

2 Comments:

Blogger PlatinumHeart said...

happy christmas to you...

10:01 AM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

merry christmas to u too!

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home