/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Drained

Today a lady from Singapore called me. She was from a company to which I had sent an appeal for a scholarship roughly 6 months ago. She was calling me to invite me to an interview in Singapore. In other words, I qualify for the next round of selections. However I had to tell her that I was already a scholar for another company and hence had to decline the offer from that Singaporean company.

Seriously it was such a pity... I think I would have taken the Singaporean offer given the chance as it would enable me to work in Singapore. Not only would I get higher pay, I would also enjoy a higher standard of living and have a better portfolio (it is a government company and I would probably be placed under a managerial position for the duration of the bond)

Then again, I can't wait already. I've already been given this current scholarship and I will just proceed with what I have in my hand rather than hope for something that is still uncertain. I have to be happy with what I have

Anyway I can always work in Singapore once I finish my bond with my company.

I've realised that my savings account balance has dropped below RM100. I now have very little cash and I still owe my brother some cash. Also, my father has yet to reimburse me with the cost of my medical examination.

As I'm not working anymore less money is debited into my account. My dad has been giving me less and less each month and he thinks I don't notice but I have been monitoring the amount he gives me. I know for sure that it is not enough for me to live, and that has also contributed to a negative balance in my account.

I've not been spending like a millionaire; actually I've been eating really cheap food and haven't gone shopping for ages... so it’s the digital camera and the trip to Singapore which drained my savings.

Now I'm practically broke. I've never reached this stage before. Before this I always had several hundred Ringgit in savings at the very least. I'm trying to budget with the little amount of money that I have left and drinking liquids for meals as I can’t afford solid food.

I hope that I will get angpau for Christmas.... grrr...

2 Comments:

Blogger yw[2k] said...

Whoa... Father Christmas comes early? :)

11:40 AM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

Uncle Christmas, more like...

Ya oh. Got one uncle give me present already keke

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home