/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Bad luck

I managed to process my visa today. My eCOE (electronic confirmation of offer) from the university had arrived and so I was given the clearance to process the visa. I went to IDP and got the whole thing done, paying them RM85 as a service charge...

I will have to do a chest X-ray and a full medical examination tomorrow for DIMIA (Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs)

Then I went to Maybank to close one of my current accounts, and activated online banking service. On the way home I noticed that the back right signal was not functioning so I decided to take the motorbike to the shop for repairs.

The shop was in Kayu Ara, a good 5 minutes ride from my place.

I also thought it would be a good idea to change the spark plug as I have not changed it for a long time. When the guy pulled out the spark plug the top part of it got lodged in the cyllinder and he couldn't take it out. He said that he will have to remove the carburettor and dissemble the whole engine to retrieve the hat of the spark plug that got lodged inside... and it would take a whole day to do so...

At that point I was jumping up and down with frustration... so angry...

And then to rub salt in the wound, the mechanic said that in all his years of servicing motorbikes, this was the first time he came across a spark plug breaking up into pieces inside an engine... so you can imagine my embarrasment and escalating anger...!!!

It was probably because I hadn't changed the bloody thing for so long that it got rusty and it broke into pieces when the guy tried to yank it out... indeed the spark plug was brown all over instead of the normal white colour.

To top things up, I hadn't finished doing some stuff I planned to do today! And my motorbike was grounded at the workshop... grrr

That guy told me that I can collect the motorbike tomorrow. That means, no motorbike for me, and a large bill for repairs waiting to be paid... sigh

I decided to walk back from Kayu Ara to my condo and it took me roughly 45 minutes walking by the side of the SPRINT highway... with fumes in my face and the heat of the sun searing down my neck... arrgh

SO PISSED!

Later I'm going to have dinner and then watch Perhaps Love with one of my friends. He's coming to pick me up in 20 minutes (and I have to get ready soon) so I hope it will help to brighten things up abit.

Now I'm thinking how I'm going to get all the stuff I indended to do finished by tomorrow with that stoopid motorbike out of my reach...

GRRR... give me a hammer, I wanna break something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home