/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Learn

I lost all the MP3's on my computer.

All except one.

Today I wanted to play some music and I checked my MP3 folder.. but all the files were missing or corrupted. I tried scanning for the files on the computer but it turns out that nothing appeared in the search window.

I tried defragmenting and then did a virus scan to see if there was any worm but there was nothing.

The files were gone.

I didn't make a backup copy

All that was left was an instrumental mp3. A very sad one...

I listened to it and for the first time in a long time my eyes started to become teary.

Happy Hari Raya.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pike-chan said...

the files just disappeared.... there must be a ghost in the machine

4:00 PM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

maybe....

the hard disk still shows the space being taken up... but how come the files are not accessible?

maybe the ghost lives in this house, not on my computer.

hmm.

anyone care to donate songs to me?

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did u partition your HDD?? sometimes un-accessible bcuz your file sys corrupted, n if tat case, try to repair your windows (not format n reinstall) ... there are ways to recover the files, not sure how to do here, sorry :p

2:18 PM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

I did partition my HDD... and the songs were on a small partition. Maybe the partition got corrupted? I'm not sure whether the files can be recovered... all I know is, the space is still taken up and I don't see any files.

I ran a few File Recovery programs (those that allow you to recover deleted files) but it did not detect any audio files.

In other words, disappeared...

Is there anyone who can help??

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home