/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Friday, November 18, 2005

Harry Potter

I watched Harry Potter on the day of its release in Malaysia!!!

My friend had actually helped me to book tikets in MV and we went there for the show.

According to him, he says that he had trouble finding the tickets in other cinemas. Apparently they have all been sold out with MV being the exception. Probably this is because MV charges RM1.00 more for the ticket compared to other cinemas. Wow these people are real opportunists!

Anyway, MV was bloody crowded for a Thursday night. There were tons of people all around the cinema, and I understand that there were several cinemas showing Harry Potter at the same time. I know that there were about 5 cinemas screening simultaneously.

Getting a carpark was difficult enough, but luckily since we booked the tickets online we didn't really have to queue.

Then we had dinner at Nandos. Delicious chicken!

The movie was quite good. I think the special effects this time were just marvelous compared to Prizoner of Azkaban. But the plot was rather monotonous though, just like the previous three Harry Potter movies. I think the most disgusting I found was that the Potter had "grown" long hair! And so did Weasely!

Yucks. The actors look so ugly. Daniel especially. Looks so damn gay.

As expected, the movie left out many parts from the original book. They only barely mentioned the Quidditch World Cup when it was a whole chapter on its own in the book. What a disappointment.

And Dumbledore seems too active. I liked the former actor for Dumbeldore; he was gracefully old. This one seems like he's taken Viagara or something haha

We got to see Daniel Radcliffe naked!!!!! Ok not full nudity but topless... the scene where he was in the bathroom with Myrtle together with the golden egg.... He's grown some hair in "those" spaces. Hmm. When the scene came up the people in the cimena were like "aaahhh" and "ooooh"ing all around... LOL

Overall not too bad a rendition, but they should have explained what Priori Incantatum meant (because my friend who had not read the book was a bit lost at the end)

Do check out the movie, but for you avid Potter fans, do try not to be TOO disappointed (hey I said TRY)

:)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, a blog is not only a place for u to write things and don expect ppl to comment, to read, and to ask (about the thing).. if you don wanna ppl to ask u (ocoz, maybe they r damn concern about u or maybe they r just preteding to be ?) then u could always put it on paper or on a place where no ppl can accessed to.then u definitely can save ur time saying "i don wanna talk about it".see, person as particular as you should have seen this.or was it jus me?

10:50 PM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

hmm.... you seem full of resentment... haha

I never asked people NOT to post comments... contrary to that I'm trying to get people to comment but nobody seems to want to do it.

I think you are refering to the fact that I said that I will return to edit this post. I was feeling tired and so I didn't have time to mention about what happened during the show, that’s why I postponed the write-up.

Besides, I understand what a BLOG is and that is why I am putting a link called POST COMMENTS and not just deleting it.

I have a clear conscience. Do you?

You didn't even post your name, by the way. Scared perhaps?

:)

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my conscience is crystal. or else, i wont even take the trouble to take off my slippers and put on my shoes and go to a machine o take out a piece of paper.....whats that word again? indentity?

2:07 AM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

okie cool :)

Anyway. welcome to my blog and hope you enjoy your stay.

I think I know you, or, I may not, but in any case hope you have a good weekend :)

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home