/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Busy week

Thursday (24th Nov) was my last working day, and now I am officially free! It just so happened that Thursday was also the date on which the university I was working with debited my salary into my account! So I'm now richer as well!

My professor took me and the other students in the same lab as I to a Chinese restaurant as a farewell lunch. The food was really good. We had squid, tofu, soup, a vegetable and chicken which was served with cute little balls of watermelon. Yum yum.

It was a good day, really. At night I went over to my relative’s house and had a dinner as well, together with my relatives who came down from Seremban. I've never eaten so much good food for so long!

Today I went to my college to return my Student ID as well as to claim back my security deposit. Since my A-Level certificate was ready for collection as well, I decided I should collect it but the stupid system said that I owed the college more money, RM1998 for tuition fees and RM12 for insurance to be exact!

I was a bit angry because I was there under a scholarship and now they said that I owed them money?? They said that they wouldn't release my results until I paid up the amount. I demanded to see the scholarship officer and she came to my aid. Fortunately it was only a technical glitch and I just had to pay the RM12 insurance fee which I knew I was liable for.

I got my certificate but it looks so ugly. It's yellow with many circles and geometric patterns on it, with my results printed out on the piece of paper and a small tiny hologram on the bottom left bearing the words "Edexcel"

So in other words, we paid thousands and thousands of Ringgit to get such an UGLY and simple certificate. It didn't look grand at all, more like some cheap printout.

Then I went to the EPF building to collect my PIN! My i-Account is finally up and now I can check my balances online! But again, to my frustration I found that my EPF account is empty. I worked four months and the EPF money that was deducted from my salary has yet to be debited into my account. If they money doesn't get in soon, I will be very pissed.

My previous employer had also owed me money so I went all the way to Cheras, where the HQ is located, to collect the cheque. So I'm doubly rich now! I've saved up enough to buy a digital camera

Speaking of which, my aunt in Singapore has informed me that the digital camera that I am looking for is priced at S$629. I want to buy the Canon A610 digital camera so that I can start snapping pictures when I go off to Australia! If I buy it from Courts, they will give me free gifts like a Digital DECT phone (no idea what that is), a card reader, a tripod and carry case, 256MB memory card and rechargeable batteries. Apparently the stock is not readily available and so I would have to preorder if I wanted to get it. Best Denki was selling it at the same price, only with less freebies.

She was kind enough to convert it into Ringgit for me as well. If her calculations were correct (and they are, because I just checked it using my own calculator), the camera is worth RM1404.24, and I assume that is plus GST.

In LowYat the same camera is going at RM1299, which is RM105.24 cheaper than the one in Singapore. AND, it is readily available too!

I really thank her for helping me find out so much information. I have decided to buy the camera at PC fair instead, which will be this coming Friday (2nd December 2005). I would probably get a lot of freebies too.

Really can't wait to get my own digital camera!!!!

Next, I will need to buy a laptop. Anyone kind enough to sponsor me some cash? Hehe

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out exilim's digi cams.. equipped with fancy user-friendly features. canon is cool too. but, sony is complicated. my sis has a sony dig cam, it took her 2-3months just to get used to with the complicated features!! haha

haha.. just sharing... see you! congrats^^

1:37 PM  
Blogger yw[2k] said...

Hehe... So kaya liao soon can belanja me :P

11:48 AM  
Blogger onegayboy said...

huh... kaya??? you are the one who should belanja me la... once I buy all these gadgets, I will be BROKE!!!!

And speaking of which, are we going dinner together sometime? :D

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home