/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Window Shopping

Today I went to KLCC to meet my friend for a movie.

But prior to that, I was window shopping. You see, I was in KLCC much earlier before our scheduled meet-up.

I went to the Swarovski counter in Isetan and looked at the collection on display. Nothing particularly interesting as there were few products available. Furthermore most of the bracelets and necklaces were too feminine, not for my taste.

I had a nice decent chat with the sales girl for about 20minutes and shared my concerns with the local scene... politics, the budget, Malaysian fashion sense.... the usual over-the-counter topics. And turns out, she guessed that I was 23 years old! What an insult!!!!

She was also 19 years old, much to my surprise.

It was interesting to have a conversation with this Malay lady, seeing her background and where she was coming from... after a while I realised that she was no different from the rest of us PLU's... Pretty much human, wanting love and admiration, looking for acceptance...

After that, since I was wearing very smart clothes, I went into Hugo Boss black label and tried on a few of their clothes. Bliss.

I went over to Avenue-K and into Z Zegna, their flagship store. Actually I went in just to look around, but I got excellent service so I decided to try on one of their coats. The window display had a particularly attractive lambskin coat, so I asked if I could try it on

Whoa. I can't describe how it felt. Maybe I'm too "ulu" as I've not worn a leather jacket before, but it was...well... like heaven.

Very tight at the seams, slim fit, and smooth. Moreover comfortable and not too heavy. Silky soft and slightly shiny, and the inner lining still had the distinct smell of leather. Really really nice.

I tried it on in front of the mirror and fell in love with it immediately.

Grey Topman t-shirt = RM34
A pair of brandless jeans = RM79
New Balance shoes = RM260
A Z Zegna lambskin coat = RM8200
Feeling like a million dollars = priceless

Of course, I had to politely decline and say that I didn't want to buy it.

Went to Hugo Boss orange and red label in Avenue K but there was nothing impressive. I really didn't have much time as my friend had already started calling me before I could start browsing.

Went for dinner and then a movie. Felt really happy at the end of the day. Heck. I enjoyed myself a lot.

Must have been the coat. Then again, it could have been a sequence of events. Who's complaining? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home