/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Friday Frangi

The initial plan was to meet up at around 10pm so that we (my friend and I) could go for late dinner and chat until it was time for Frangipani.

But lo behold. He suddenly had something up so he sent me a text message... telling me he was late.

At that time, I was already in the taxi heading towards Kelana Jaya station, and I was kinda annoyed.

What the heck. I took the LRT to Pasar Seni and then from there I walked to Bukit Bintang area. I took a small detour into Petaling Street to see if there were any goodies to buy, but I found none. The whole trip from Pasar Seni to Bukit Bintang by foot was around 25minutes, not counting the short detour into Petaling Street.

I walked towards Menara Maybank and then down Jalan Pudu, walking past Tung Shin Hospital and then taking a left turn into Tengkat Tong Shin. I passed the nice collonial shophouses by the way, whistling some tune and feeling happy... although I was sweaty it was a nice walk. Really enjoyed it. Didn’t' know that Bukit Bintang was so nearby.

I was in Changkat Bukit Bintang at around 10.45pm but it was empty, save the few pedestrians and people eating in the restaurants. Empty in a sense that there were very few PLU's there.

Initially I was still very pissed at my friend, which I later discovered had gone to meet another friend before me... So I walked down to Jalan Bukit Bintang and stood in front of Starbucks BB Plaza... just stood there looking at people to see if there were any cute people in the crowd. But there was none.

I decided to walk back to the almost empty Frangi. On my way back, down Changkat Bukit Bintang, a prostitute actually waved at me and smiled, asking me whether I wanted her services, but of course, I declined. Haha. I wonder what she'd say if she knew I was PLU. Well, I was dressed up... very dressed. I've never encountered a solicitor outside before, and it was my first time.

I went into Frangi and sat on one of those nice comfy red couches near the entrance and waited for my friend to come. Another friend had also called me and told me that he was coming (Nick, with his friend Brian) so I was kinda waiting for them too.

I've never been to Frangi so early before... and it was rather dark... they purposely used minimal light for the ambience.

And then this ugly guy, a businessman, roughly the age of 30 came over and talked to me. God. I didn't catch his name and didn't bother with asking him again either. He was just so disgusting.

Not that he was ugly or anything. He was pretty normal... just that the things that he said made him evermore ugly. Initially we started talking about ourselves... and so I told him minimal details... and then he started to tell me about the work he does, about earning tons of money and being a millionaire... I told him that I just want to have a happy life and money was not so important to me... that being a millionaire and being famous is good but not as good as being happy.

And he gave me a 20 minute lecture on the pros of being rich. I was so annoyed. Actually he even told me what I should be doing, kinda like instructing me to take the path that he did. This made me even more angry. I was fiddling with my metal bracelet the whole time I was talking to him, just hoping that he'd go away...

And of course, I was looking out for my friend... with him I'll have an excuse, you see... but now that I was single and alone...

Now you can see why I was a bit annoyed when my friend said he was arriving late.

That guy finally buzzed off... and another Chinese guy, this time more good looking than the first came and approach me.

Wow. Jackpot.

Its like, two times in one night (three if you count the prostitute). I've never had this kind of attention before. Haha.

And this guy intro himself to me (again I forgot his name... I've always been bad with names) and asked me for my number. I was flattered but I said I don't give people my number on the first meet. I give them my number if I've chatted with them on the net but never if I meet them outside for the first time...

I kinda lied about my age and what I was doing... because he was so inquisitive... and I was already getting annoyed. So yeah.

And my friend finally arrived. By that time I was already upset. Threw a tantrum.

When nick arrived it was feeing much better... and then the rest of the night was pretty good...

Even had supper with Nick and Brian in ss2. Brian fetched me home to my place at around 3am... and I was so tired I jumped into the shower, got out and put on my clothes, jumping straight into bed.

A night full of colours. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home