/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Vacancy

A friend of mine sent me a text message today and asked me whether I would like to work for his supervisor as a lab assistant.

My friend is currently doing his masters degree and he will be graduating soon, so his supervisor needs someone to help her handle the lab work and gather data. I have been to my friend's lab and I know the nature of the job; it deals with iron ores and bacteria culture, together with other scientific techniques of separating cell mass from solution and determining optical density, much of which I have learnt in theory but never had a chance to do hands-on work

The job pays RM1300 after deduction (that's what he said, so I assume deduction here means EPF and SOCSO), which is quite high considering I'll only be doing basic lab work. Futher more, it will help me a lot in university as I will be dealing with the same equipment. In fact, if I do get this job, I will be learning so much more than what I would learn in an undergraduate degree; even the equipment is much more hi-tech and the apparatus more plentiful.

I need to speak to his supervisor first about the job; I want to know the working hours, leave application, detailed descriptions of the job, term of employment and salary matters. Then only will I make a decision as to whether I will take up this job offer or not.

Not surprisingly, I've been very tired these few days. I plan to take a break before I start a new job, and possibly go down to JB/ Singapore for a few weeks to visit my friends there... though I'm not that sure yet.

Today was fish-and-chips day at the restaurant. From opening time until the time I punched out of my shift, there were on average 2 fish-and-chips being sold per hour, which is unusual. What's with today? Nobody likes chicken anymore? :p

I wonder if they will run out of stock soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pike-chan said...

hhhmm.... great to know there's a 'scientific' job opening for you. i'm not sure wad u gonna major in in ur uni but lab work sounds a lot of fun to me.. wearing white coats, mask and all that... pay wise, it's great!! u r getting a pay as high as the diploma in computer science freshie~~

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home