/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Monday, September 19, 2005

Mid Autumn

Yesterday was my last day working in the café. I had submitted my resignation to my manager exactly two weeks before, as we need to give two weeks notice before resignation. Anyway, it was a good day at work. It wasn’t a busy day, and all my colleagues were also very nice to me, knowing that it was my last day.

The Assistant Supervisor of my café gave me a complementary meal and I was allowed to choose from anything in the menu. I chose a beef burger, together with a banana milkshake. Gosh, the food was fabulous. Furthermore while I was having the meal we ordered more drinks from the restaurant next to us; almond tea, coconut tea and French Toast Hong Kong style. I was stuffed to the maximum.

Soon it was time to leave, and as a “warm” farewell, my colleagues smeared some chocolate sauce on my hand and sprayed me with tap water… haha… it was all with good wishes.

Not long after that I was walking free from the shopping complex and finally tasting freedom once again. I know that I would probably not be doing F&B in the future so I guess the feeling was mixed; I felt both ecstatic to leave the job that has taken up much of my free time and paid me low wages, but also a sense of loss, that this would be one of my last experience in the F&B line in the near future.

To celebrate, I had earlier arranged with a friend of mine for a party. I went straight home to bathe and change before I headed to his house. He stays in one of those mid-70’s shop houses in KL where you need to climb up stairs to get to the place.

It was a very small unit, moreover situated in a not-so-glamourous place. He told me that his parents had bought the unit long ago and previously had rented the place out to a relative. Now he and his younger brother live there. It was not bad actually; it had four rooms and a bathroom, with a small kitchen at the back. The hall was small but very homely, and with the way that the house was laid out, you could tell that it was a very warm home. Although it was a very old house, the walls were clean and painted, and the floor was dust free. Naturally the décor was quite good as well. The only bad thing about the place is that ventilation is poor. My friend, didn’t open the windows in his room because to do so would mean suicide; as his unit is near the city centre, dust was plentiful. Opening windows to let dust in would be a nightmare. The result? You have a sauna-home. Great if you love sweaty sex haha

My friend is a fond fan of Doraemon. His room is stacked with Doraemon merchandise, from little figurines to posters and soft toys. He had also many pictures of himself and of others, aside posters of Phua Chu Kang and famous Chinese filmstars.

Needless to say, I loved the décor.

Actually this was the first time I had met up with my friend. We had previously chatted online and we’ve never really met in person, not until yesterday. Our activities that day included chatting and dinner, as well as meeting up with another friend.

We went clubbing soon after. Had a great time there too. I must confess that yesterday was the first time in a long long time that I actually felt happy with a group of people.

When I got back home, it was close to 4.30am.

I woke up today at around 3pm. Actually it was much earlier, but I was awake and asleep on and off, partly because messages came into my phone and I heard it vibrate so I woke up, and I fell asleep after a while.

I went to Bukit Bintang today, as I had been invited for a outing with five other people (supposedly for Mid Autumn Festival although this meeting had nothing to do with moon cakes or lanterns). We went to one of the franchise outlets of the café that I used to work with. Of course, I knew the whole café inside out and I teased the waitress a bit…

The café is notorious for the “in” crowd. I was very surprise to meet one of my high school friends there. It was his birthday today (of course it didn’t strike me until he mentioned it) so I felt extremely bad to be so forgetful. We chatted a while about a few things and eventually we exchanged numbers. You might seem odd that we as classmates don’t have each other’s number, but it isn’t a surprise as I have changed my number four times in this year… and he’s changed his too. So it was a good thing we met up and got to catch up on old matters.

Overall the weekend was great. Can’t elaborate too much (as I’m selfish and I don’t want to share “intimate” details haha) but I’m confident you know what I mean when I say, I was very happy.

I think I needed this boost. May have come late, but it was much needed.

Happy Mid Autumn Festival.

Yeap. I’m damn happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pike-chan said...

I'm glad to know ur weekend was well spent and u were extremely happy with your time...

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home