/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Turning 19...

Today was the last day of my Dome training! Tomorrow I shall be working in the outlet already, wearing the signature Dome cap and apron!

I can't wait...

I learnt all the names and methods of preparation of the food and beverages in Dome, but I can hardly remember them. I hope I don't screw up tomorrow.

The haze was terrible... My clothes now smell of the acrid haze. Damn those people in Sumatra. Was thinking about getting a face mask so that I will be able to stand the haze on my motorbike, but guess what, it was SOLD OUT! Imagine that!

All the pharmacies had were those lousy surgeon's mask, which no doubt cover your face, but it doesn't stop the dust from entering the TWO LARGE GAPING HOLES on either side... God, don't people know, those surgical masks are to prevent any body fluids (namely mucous and saliva) from the doctor to prevent contamination. In layman's terms, the masks are to prevent the environment from getting contaminated by the wearer. Now with the haze, we want the opposite, that is, prevent the wearer from getting contaminated by the environment. But no oh, the ladies in Watsons seemed to snap up the masks in the dozens, saying.... "oh, this is good, oh that is good...", gnawing and scrambling to pick up the masks without realising this irony.

I was looking for the circular masks that people use in construction sites (which ACTUALLY were made to protect the wearer from dust), by the way, which were sold out. (Duh. The smart people who KNOW are the ones who look for that type of face mask. Little wonder why the surgical masks are in oversupply while the construction masks are out of stock. Stupid desperate housewives.)

I bought myself a pair of jeans for work today and a facial scrub. Feels sad to part with money sometimes, but a man's gotta look good :D

My birthday is coming soon, and my 19th one at that. Sometimes looking back on the years, I have come a long way from being the smooth skinned short chubby nerdy looking kid who was pampered and had no idea that New South Wales was in Australia and not in the UK or what a tampon was used for

I have become slightly more grown up from then. Hehe

I don't want to feel old... it is already creeping up to me! After my birthday, I will be at the borderline between the teens and the twenties. I don't want to turn twenty!!!!

I am growing old.. sigh :(

Then again, we all are

Funny thing is, I am working on my birthday. No chance to go for a birthday party. Even if I did, I'm not sure with whom I'd be going with, because until now, nobody has really wished me anything apart from my friend Kelvin (thank you kelv, you're my bestest buddy), not that I expect the world to stop spinning to greet me happy birthday...

But well, its just one of those things you get, being me.

I think I'll eat some cake at my Dome outlet and have a good time anyway. After all, having survived 19 years in this harsh world is something to be celebrated!

I'm proud of myself. Happy birthday.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home