/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Friday, August 05, 2005

My First Post!

This is my first post on this blog!

What do people usually type on first-posts? I really have no idea. So I'll just do it the way I usually do with a formal greeting...

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Today is the beginnning of a long post, and hopefully, many more long posts to come!

Oh, and just so you know, I have never been good at keeping diaries. Maybe it is because I am unable to keep myself diciplined enough to update it on a regular basis. Procrastination is a virtue I must learn to overcome

The furthest I have gone with a diary is less than a week.

This blog actually started as a result of me wanting to keep up with my other cyber friends who have been ranting online in their respective blogs for as long as I have known them. It came to me as a sense of loss that I, the mr-I-cannot-keep-my-mouth-shut guy, did not have a space to put all that gunk into so that other people could "savour" (there's no better word to describe it...) my thoughts, feelings, emotions and above all, nonsense.

Anyway, this is truly my first shot at an online blog, and I hope to keep posting here for as long as I have eyes that can see and fingers that can type, haha....

Here is where I will post all my nonsense, a.k.a ranting, scolding, bitching, crapping, crying and laughing. I must warn you not to be offended by anything I post here (if however anything I have posted DOES offend you, there's a section called "comments" where you can blast me with nuclear warheads for pissing on your turf...)

Initially I thought of including a section called "recent movie watched", "current book being read", "gadget owned" and "gadget wanted" to spice up the contents of this blog, but they just took up too much time and html to formulate, so I scrapped the idea.

What do I view this blog as? I see it as a place for me to run to after a long and strenuous day, a place to curse and swear about anything of anyone, a place to post my larger-than-life thoughts, or just to kill time (which I can have in abundance at times :p)

I have not vowed to post daily because I know it would be impossible. Apart from the apparent unavailability of internet in my house, I would also be occupied with my part time job and other duties in life (such as grooming :D ). I have been known to be very articulate at times, and an emotional desert during other times, so to make up for this rapid fluctuation, I will post as and when I have internet at hand and I have thoughts to spare! :)

Even as I type this, the clock is ticking (I am at a cybercafe now where every second is PAID FOR.. God.. the price of internet... why doesn't my house have internet????) so I cannot afford to ramble much anyway...

And you will find that this is necessarily a good thing especially when I have a bad hair day... haha...

So, welcome to my blog, do keep visiting it (I will try to get a hit counter. Hey, I said "TRY"!) to read my posts and feel free to respond to comments. If you wish to reach me personally, you know my email, so mail away!

And now we have just reached the end of a new beginning :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home