/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Long days

Had dinner with a close friend on my birthday in Bangsar. We had so-called "Dutch food" but it was pretty much like German food if you ask me. Fatty pork knuckle and sirloin steak, with orange juice for me and Weihenstephaner beer for him. The beer was pretty sweet, and the pork was.. well... really good albeit the lard...

Interestingly though, I decided to reformat my computer but it turned out that I installed the Brazilian version of Windows XP, so everything is now in Spanish. I can't understand a thing, and I am frantically looking for other Windows XP installation CD's from my other friends, but still no success

My father called me and told me that I did not receive the scholarship. All of a sudden, the hope I had about studying in Australia went down the drain. Poof. Just like that.

And then I started thinking about what I was going to do next.... Will I settle for UTAR? Or shall I try reapplying to NUS and NTU and the Japanese Monbukagakusho scholarship? I'm really not sure. For now, I am trying to get over the fact that I failed this scholarship, and trying to stay focused on the greater goal, which is to find another university which will accept me and complete my degree as soon as possible.

For now, I am content with working in Dome.

Today I will be working the busiest shift of all- Closing Shift, that is from 2pm to 10pm. I will have to deal with lunch AND dinner traffic, and furthermore, on a weekend. I'm hoping to steal some milk from the kitchen today, along with a few bananas and some Australian Cadbury chocolate sauce... yummy...

Yesterday was my day off from work, but sadly the haze was terrible so I didn't get to go out much. I only went to DBKL Cheras to get a thyphoid injection, as it is compulsory for all food handlers to do so... my arm still hurts from the injection. I think it is swollen, because it feels numb around the area where the injection was applied.

Thank God, today the haze has cleared (why wasn't it haze-free yesterday.... *tsk tsk*) I hope it is not temporary, but the fresh air and sunny skies is a relief from the choking haze we have been experiencing in the past week or so. Well, at least I won't have to breathe in fumes while I work today :p

Have to head off to work pretty soon, have to grab lunch before that...

Hope next week will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home