/*banner of the blog inserted here*/
Sorrento

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Haircut

I received the scholarship application forms from my Head of Department today. I will have to fill them up soon and hopefully tomorrow I can head straight to the Singapore high commission and get some help.

I also visited the Jardine foundation and managed to get a form from them. I hope that I am in time for a scholarship, as Oxford starts in one and a half months. However, if they are willing to sponsor me to Australia, where the term begins in early February next year, I'd be more than willing to take up the offer. Anyway, I'm just hoping that I will find some sort of financial assistance or get into a good university, because I'm quite fed-up with applying to so many universities and receiving so many rejections for scholarship applications.

Just hours ago my friend TC brought me to his regular salon to get my haircut. I've been wanting a haircut for quite some time, with my hair getting ever-so-much longer and the temperature ever-so-much hotter.

The place was neat, very tastefully decorated, and it was also empty. Haha. There was only this other malay lady next to my seat.

I didn't know that I was going to get a haircut from TC until he asked a lady working there to put on the towel and plastic sheet for me. Then he proceeded to cut my hair...

TC had worked in a salon quite some time ago as a part timer and so he knew the art of cutting hair. Or at least, that's what he claims. Because after much hassle and fuss, he finally gave up and handed me over to the male hairdresser (who happened to be his close friend as well) for "touching up" although it was more like "salvaging whatever that can be salvaged"... haha

No, actually, in the end the haircut looked great. I also got a shampoo and a head massage, a blow dry and finally gel.

TC himself also had a haircut, and it came to about RM50, which I think is quite reasonable for the both of us. Not surprisingly, the male hairdresser was gay. Haha.

I throughly enjoyed myself and I feel so much more elated because of this haircut. I wonder why it has such a great psychological effect on me...

We went to The Curve after that for dinner, which was also tastefully delicious.

I feel so happy with my new haircut! I'll be having a good night's rest soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home